Monday, July 19, 2010

Patience... How long is that going to take!



I am still getting this blog thing down. Someone shared some thoughts on patience and I wanted to see if I could address where I need to be more patient.

First, I need to be patient with school.

Hate it! That isn’t true I actually really love school. I hate the feeling of endurance. Knowing I have two years of school left or so is not a very patient building thought. However, once again I am not so much impatient with school. I rather quite enjoy it. I just don’t like the feeling of knowing that I am “stuck” until I finish.

Second, dating.

I have tweeted about this before as well as made it my Facebook status once. Kind of as a joke but kind of serious that I find myself dating someone in my head and then I break up with them. (I should add, I never physically take these women out on dates) I do not allow myself to be patient with the single members of the opposite sex who I am attracted to. I don’t know if I am even wanting to date at this time. I worry this type of impatience could make me a very lonely person in the long run. The why… well that is something that I am still trying to figure out.

I am still super jaded about the whole dating thing (in a rut that feels like there is no way out) but, I just don’t ever feel the need to put up with another relationship that will break my heart and the other’s heart because the relationship is not what I or she is looking for.

I can’t think of any more but that is enough to write about.

These are just a few things I can recognize I need patience with. I don’t know if you have any thoughts, or a 12 step process to help me figure this out but I am stumped. I have found that I am more of a Huck Finn type of a person where as soon as something is there to tie me down and help me learn patience I run as fast as I can away from that chance and I have called that patience. No more are the days when I will run when something like that arrives. (that is officially not a guarantee)

No comments: