Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Idaho...Rexburg.... Idaho



I have always hated Idaho (except Yellowstone because that is pretty sweet). I can't stand the tons and tons of farmland and pretty much complete nothingness. I had the opportunity to be in Idaho for a few hours and I have to admit after going I have a completely different feeling about it. I went with Kelly because she had to go to a meeting for the Playmill theater. (she will be performing there during the summer months) http://www.playmill.com/. So I went up and was able to meet up with my trainer from my mission. He is really good at being accommodating to me. He first took me to see the Rexburg temple. That is an amazing building and I think I enjoy architecture more because of my art history class. He then took me to his lab where he showed me his pet rat and the baby chicks. They are the funniest little animals ever and I guess really smart. He then took to me fed ducks which was really something I want to do now and I wish that we had a big duck pond really close by. We then went hiking and saw two muskrats, a Herring and trumpeter geese (we were actually looking for a porcupine). I then got to see my friend Dave who is the man! He told me some crazy dating experiences he had while at Rexburg. Then we went and ate dinner at Kelly's friends house and we were on our way back to Orem. I wish we would have taken a picture of what the roads looked like becuase they were so so so so bad! it was so hard to see the road. I am suprised we made it back safely. It cleared up eventually but it was rough. So there you have it my trip to Idaho for a day. That was my crazy but amazingly great trip to the (now amazing... in my opinion of course) IDAHO!

No comments: